Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Ants Strike Again!

When I left the story, we had battled the ants back with a can of Raid and had managed to speed home.

Luckily, this was a Thursday and I had nothing to do Friday.  We set baits.  Eddie kept fighting them with the Raid. 

And the darn things kept reappearing.  Eddie had managed to abate them enough to drive the car, but they still kept trickling back in.  The question was, where the heck were the little devils coming from?

A few friends had suggested using Terro.  So we placed those. 

Then Eddie decided to search the Freestyle for the freeloading pests.  There had to be more of them somewhere.  He found the mother of all hidey-holes in the spare tire cubby.  Eddie once again whipped out the Raid and went to work.  Boy, that must have been a huge can. 

Between the Terro and the Raid, the ants were finally defeated.  They ruined the spare tire cubby cover, but other than that a vacuum quickly erased all vestiges of their reign.

I have now resumed use of my vehicle.  And you know what?  I still get phantom ant bites.  Darn little things are haunting me even after their demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment